Review | NARS Powermatte Lip Pigment in American Woman and Walk this way♥


Hi everyone! Today's post is on my new favourite liquid lipstick and this one is by NARS. I'm sure you guys have all heard of it tbh but I just wanted to share my thoughts on these and why I love them! :) 


Brand: NARS
Name: Powermatte Lip Pigments 
Price: $38 AUD
Weight: 5.5mL
Shade: - American Woman & Walk this Way 
Where to purchase: Mecca Cosmetica or Mecca Maxima or MECCA ONLINE
Description: Looking for a carefree matte? Look no further. This innovative pigment concentrate provides bold colour with a zero-gravity feel. Prepare for all day, flexible wear in a lust-worthy range of smudge-resistant liquid shades. The custom doe-foot applicator allows for precise application and full coverage in one swipe, drying down instantly to create an ultra-lightweight, effortless matte finish.







When it comes to lipsticks, I generally turn to NARS because they have such a great variety with different colours and finishes ranging from Audacious to lip glosses and now to these powermatte lip pigments. These lip pigments were released a couple of months ago and after seeing a lot of customers come in and try these lip pigments, I decided to give them a go. 

As you can see in the pictures, it comes in a really nice sleek tube with a little window to see the colour of the lip pigments. I think that's a great design because you can easily see which colour you're going for rather than having to read the names all the time and it's also travel friendly because it's not too bulky. The applicator that it comes with is quite tapered that allows for easy, precise application on the lips without drawing outside the lines. 

There are 20 shades to choose from in the collection from reds to nudes to pinks and even a black shade. But I decided to go for the more wearable pinks which were American Woman and Walk this way. 


American Woman is more of a brownish pink shade. It's quite deep in colour but still very wearable. 

Walk this way is a gorgeous muted hot pink shade. Also very wearable on an everyday basis. 

Although on the NARS website, American Woman and Walk this way look like VERY different colours, I actually found that they looked quite similar on my lips except American Woman was a tad bit darker. The formula of these lip pigments are really amazing giving full coverage colour in one swipe, long wearing and fade and smuge proof whilst being lightweight on the lips. When you first apply this on the lips, it appears to be quite glossy, however after a couple of minutes it will dry down into a matte finish. 

Do you need a lip liner with this lip pigment? I'd say that the tapered applicator is already fabulous at precise application however, if you want to prevent it from feathering at the end of the day and even long wear, you could totally go for it. I've got a chart above that shows the matching pencil liner with each lip pigment so hopefully that comes in handy for you guys!!! 

Overall, I really love these lip pigments because they're very long wearing and usually i only need to apply once in the morning and after I eat because they stay on my lips like tattoos. The colour payoff is absolutely amazing and at a great price. The only complaint I have is that because it is a matte formula, sometimes it is a bit drying on my lips (as I have quite dry lips to begin with) and will settle into the fine lines on our lips. So, i would recommend you to really moisturise your lips beforehand for a flawless application and finish. I really love both colours that I have chosen and I'll definitely be back to get some more shades. But you really have to hurry in stores because these shades run out super quick! Currently on the Mecca website, majority of them are already sold out *gasps*. 

Pros 
- Extremely pigmented
- Long wearing 
- Great shade selection (20 shades to choose from)
- Packaging is sleek and shows the colour through the little window 
- Travel-friendly 
- Affordable 

Cons 
- Not cruelty-free
- Drying 

Do you own any of these? Do you love them like I do? Leave me a comment below - I would love to know your thoughts! :)

6 comments

  1. only in that way you are sure to get the right bifocal sunglasses for yourself.occhiali donna persol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does blue light make your eyes strain to concentrate? Do you often have headaches whenever you sit in front of a computer screen? If yes, it’s high time you look for blue light filter glasses to protect your eyes. These glasses will not only act as a shield for your eyes, but they will also provide you with a stylish look. So, pick your style from a range of options and have the comfort you have never experienced before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. While i see why article. I believe Men and women in shape a great deal of exercise to create this specific article. I am just looking towards your career. occhiali da sole donna longchamp

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the article, its really very useful.
    underbust corset

    ReplyDelete

Hey Everyone! Feel free to leave me a comment here, I'd love to hear what you think of my posts ^_^ ♥